Monday 25 July 2011

Letting go…


I sit here by my night stand writing this post as a final attempt to let you go. Tell it one last time and hope this time is the last. I honestly never believed it, even after I saw it. Still dialed that number, went to that bar, browsed through that page, always waiting for that one hint of activity but it never came. So I made up my own in my sleep as I dreamed hoping I’d never wake but I always did. Shared with the few that knew what you meant to me but they all said the same thing, time will heal, but it never did. Well not entirely. I still related you to so many things, couldn’t keep it together when your mates brought you up and still had the occasional dreams. It’s not till that last dream I had, this one didn’t feel like a figment of my imagination, more like a message you were trying to get through to me. Won’t go over it now but I just needed you to know that I got the message loud and clear. Didn’t get it at first, wrecked my mind all day til I figured it out. I honestly do not know if this is it, I am not even sure if I want this attempt to be the one that works, I guess letting you go is probably the hardest thing I have had to do.

4 comments:

  1. it really came from within.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that this might be a reference to some part of your life, but it's a well written piece. Like mizzdiamond said; It's deep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is actually a reference to a very significant person in my past, even present sometimes.A four letter word that with it carries so much emotion. I guess whoever came up with the word loss didn't know how much pain it could cause....,pain, another four letter word that carries a heavy load of emotion...sigh

    ReplyDelete